Re: Default slapd daemon configuration

> Hi All,
>
> I've just installed OpenLDAP-2.3.20 and I am unable to change slapd
> daemon configuration. All my change in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf are
> inefficient, the configuration is always the one described in
> slapd.conf.default. My modified file is simply not taken into account. I
> tried to relaunch the daemon (with /usr/local/libexec/slapd) but nothing
> changes anyway.
>
> Maybe (or certainly) I missed something but I can't find where, even
> after reading and testing all that I have found on the web for 2 days.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

If your executable got in /usr/local/libexec/slapd, the default
configuration file is likely to be in /usr/local//etc/openldap/slapd.conf;
strace is going to show you what file is being opened by slapd.  Or, you
may use "-f" to force slapd to use a non-standard configuration file.  See
slapd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution