Re: several LDAPServers working with one Database

agerardin@ariane-ingenierie.net wrote:
1) I first try to eliminate the problem by following this advice:

> I searched the List and found suggestions of increasing the locker entries
> like this:
> I had this same problem a while back and fixed it by adding the following
> lines to my DB_CONFIG:
>
> set_lk_max_locks 2000
> set_lk_max_lockers 2000
> set_lk_max_objects 2000

So I've created a DB_CONFIG file in my database directory but the system seems
not to recognize it. Is there something I've done wrong?

New environment settings like this will not take effect until the existing environment is removed. The db_recover command will clean out the old environment for you.
Seems like my system create a lot of uneeded lockers that persist even after
reboot. So here are my questions:
- does someone understand why so much lockers are created during testing (that
means starting/stopping slapd server a lot)
- does someone know how to get rid of them?

Yes, run db_recover. Better yet, upgrade to OpenLDAP 2.3, which does the recovery automatically.

As for being "stuck" on a "Windows LDAP 2.2.29" release - just install MinGW/MSYS and gcc on your Windows system and build the software yourself. It doesn't take much time. Even on my laptop the full build only takes 11 minutes.

Symas will provide Windows packages to our customers upon request. I generally don't recommend running the OpenLDAP server on Windows because Windows itself is too unstable to be a viable server platform.The typical 2GB address space limit on 32 bit Windows makes for a pretty tight restriction on database size, and 64 bit Windows is still too immature to trust with important data. Overall performance on Windows is also much much slower than for Linux/Unix on the same hardware. From a pure performance standpoint, there's absolutely zero value in supporting this platform.

--
 -- Howard Chu