Re: error with openldap upgrade

I do a memset on the struct making everything 0, and then I do the 5
assignments I posted in my last email. So everything else is 0 when I
call ldap_url_desc2str.

- Jeremiah

On 5/11/06, Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 16:10 -0400, Jeremiah Martell wrote:
> I have some simple code that uses libldap and tries to bind to a
> directory. With 2.2.17 it worked fine, but trying to use 2.3.20 it
> fails with this:
>
> url.c : 658 : desc2str : Assertion 'len >= 0' failed.
>

> Here's my code snippet:
>
> url.lud_host = "directory.example.com";
> url.lud_port = 389;
> url.lud_scope = LDAP_SCOPE_SUBTREE;
> url.lud_scheme = "ldap";
> url.lud_dn = "";
>
> ldapuri = ldap_url_desc2str( &url );

What's the status of the other members of the LDAPURLDesc structure?
Can you print it from inside gdb right where the failure occurs (e.g.
from the core file)?

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati Responsabile Open Solution OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.
Via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:   +39.02.23998309