Re: radius backend

Please keep replies to the list.

I think you've gotten several answers to point you in the direction to go.

--Quanah

--On Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:18 PM +0200 srg krn <srgqwerty@gmail.com> wrote:

I am relatively new to openldap and I don't know what is an "overlay".
Also I googled a lot in order to find a solid "architecture" to
acomplish this kind of
authentication but seems that there is not a "standard" architecture to
do this.

I think that the thing that we need is not a "strange" thing.
It is only that the openldap server "forwards" a ldap query to a
radius server... "like a ldap to radius proxy".

Do you think that this can be acomplished with a "not experimental"
solution?
Do you think that this is "strange"?

Thanks and best regards

On 5/10/06, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

--On Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:12 PM -0700 "Kurt D. Zeilenga"
<Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

> At 12:38 PM 5/10/2006, srg krn wrote:
>> It is possible to have a radius backend in openldap?
>
> It's certainly possible to develop such a backend.

An overlay may serve the purpose better though?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html