Re: core dump with syncrepl in 2.3.20 and 2.3.21

On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 11:53 -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Friday, April 28, 2006 8:17 AM -0700 Marc MacIntyre
> <marcmac@zimbra.com> wrote:
>
> > Running a bdb backend and sync replication, I was getting a core dump on
> > the consumer whenever there was a modify or delete on the producer
> > (though NOT on add).  I traced it to the lack of a "searchbase" entry in
> > the consumer's slapd.conf - adding searchbase="" seems to have fixed the
> > problem.  (Happened with db 2.2.52.4)
>
> As a side note, they are using "" as their suffix for their database.
> Since "" is the suffix for the rootDSE, I would think this would cause all
> sorts of problems.

It may be confusing, but nevertheless perfectly legal and safe, since
the frontend ensures that the rootDSE is used when working with ""
directly (e.g. add, modify, ... and search with "" base and base scope);
the database is used for the rest (essentially, search with "" base
and !base scope).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution