Re: requesting clarification of slapd.conf-versus-slapd.d configuration

Michael Ströder wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:
Eric Irrgang wrote:

I'm also a little confused by the intended behavior of include files.
slapd.conf include directives are only preserved in the config directory
for purposes of documentation, they are never reprocessed.

This is indeed confusing. I'd rather drop this.

Then people would just be confused and ask "where did all of my include statements go?" At this point the code does what it does and given what other work needs to be done, it's not worth any effort to change this. Instead, the docs should be updated to explain what's going on.
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com