Re: ldapadd error

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

That is an anonymous search. I bet that anonymous doesn't have read access, thus you get no such object returned.

I advise you do a simple bind as a part of your search, just like you are doing with your add.

I'm very new to openldap, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by a simple bind. If you mean by adding a cn=adam to the search, I get the same result:

ldapsearch -x -b "cn=adam,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us"
# extended LDIF
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=adam,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL

# search result
search: 2