Re: ldapadd error

On 4/10/06, Adam Williams <awilliam@mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:

> Steve Feehan wrote:
> > On 4/10/06, Adam Williams <awilliam@mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:
> >

> > >From your first ldapsearch it appears you're using a simple bind. So
> > for the second search you should also specify -x:
> >
> > ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us' -s base '(objectclass=*)'
> >
> > And you should be checking that ou=people exists:
> >
> > ldapsearch -x -b 'ou=people,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us' -s base
> > '(objectclass=*)'
> >
> > --
> > Steve Feehan
> >

> it looks like it doesn't exist, so how do I create it?

Create an ldif file with the following content:

dn: ou=People,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us
ou: People
objectClass: organizationalUnit

Assuming the file is named people.ldif, you add it via the command:

ldapadd -x -D "cn=adam,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us" -W \
    -h roark.mdah.state.ms.us -f people.ldif

I hope I got all that right. ;)

--
Steve Feehan