Re: Data portability between slaves

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> > You need to grab the BDB log files, too (just to be clear).
>
> This is all assuming identical hardware & identical OSes, too.  Just to
> be very clear (i.e., not copying from 32 bit Solaris to 64 bit Linux or
> something).

Thanks, but just to be sure I followed Howard's advice, and used the
SLAPCAT/SLAPADD method :-)  The files don't have to be bit-for-bit
identical, but should contain the same information.

The two boxen are both i386 FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE, but I'd rather be safe
than sorry in trying to nail this (obviously it refers to my other post
about err=52).

So far so good, but you know what they say about testing and the
presence/absence of bugs...

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engrng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU