ppolicy: ppolicy_hash_cleartext not working

Dear all,

I am using OpenLDAP v2.3.19 on Suse 10 and BDB backend with activated
ppolicy overlay. Problem is that any given cleartext passwords are not
stored encrypted although activated within the config file.

Following configuration options are set within the slapd.conf file:
 moduleload ppolicy.la
 overlay ppolicy

As we only want the ppolicy module to encrypt cleartext passwords during
add/modify I have not added a pwdPolicy object to the directory. Log is
saying "ppolicy_get: using default policy" so I am assuming the module to be

Your help is highly appreciated. Thank you.