Re: problem with smbk5pwd

--On Monday, March 20, 2006 6:00 PM +0530 subramani r <rsm.tce@gmail.com> wrote:

we are trying for single sign on facility in our college. For this, we use
*Heimdal kerberos-0.6.2
*OpenLDAP-2.3.8
*Samba-3.0.14

For the password synching we used overlay smbk5pwd , it works fine when
we are changing the password through the command " smbpasswd ..." that is,
it perfectly updates the password field in the LDAP database. The critical
issue
is the, when we trying to change the password thro the command
"kpasswd..." it doesnt get updated in the LDAP database, but it changes
the kerberos keys.
so we endup with two passwords.we are unable to find where we are goin
wrong.
Is there any solution to this problem.

Expecting the solution as soon as possible

I'll note that the current /stable/ release of OpenLDAP is 2.3.20. I would highly advise upgrading to a supported stable release. As for the "kpasswd" part, are you using OpenLDAP as the backend store for Heimdal? If not, what process do you have in place to push password changes from the Heimdal KDC into the OpenLDAP server?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html