Re: Globally instantiated Chaining Overlay makes subschemaSubentry Attribute vanish from ldapsearches

> After uncommenting the chain directives from my LDAP server's slapd.conf
and running the same ldapsearch again the subschemaSubentry was no

Sounds like a bug.  I suspect the chain overlay is doing something strange
when accessing data that does not require calling any backend, like
accessing the rootDSE.  In fact, back-ldap does strip both
subschemaSubentry and entryDN because they're magically added by the
frontend to entries returned by search operations.

I suggest you file an ITS; I'll look at it later.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.