Re: slapcat backup inconsitency - several tries gives different output results

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 06:04:33PM -0000, ricardo.ferreira@cimsoft.pt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having this huge problem that I can't resolve.
> I'm using slapcat to backup my ldap and I'm sending it to a file.
> I use that file to restore my ldap using slapadd
>
> I have a program that counts all the nodes in ldap and gives me this
> results:
>
> Try#1: original ldap: 592 nodes -> restored ldap: 574 nodes
> Try#2: original ldap: 615 nodes -> restored ldap: 592 nodes
> Try#3: original ldap: 605 nodes -> restored ldap: 602 nodes
> Try#4: original ldap: 582 nodes -> restored ldap: 550 nodes

Can you start with something simplier? Like:

slapcat | grep -E '^dn:' | wc -l

Also, if you are not using the bdb backend, you have to stop slapd
before running slapcat.

If the above doesn't apply, another possibility would be that the server
received some write request while you were backing it up.