[Date Prev][Date Next]
asian characters handling in 2.0.27 -> 2.3.x upgrade
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: asian characters handling in 2.0.27 -> 2.3.x upgrade
- From: "ST Wong \(ITSC\)" <ST@itsc.cuhk.edu.hk>
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:14:18 +0800
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcYy2VV9uPNgoJkKQ0Kp3K43KSqrzQ==
- Thread-topic: asian characters handling in 2.0.27 -> 2.3.x upgrade
I've problem when upgrading my openldap 2.0.27 to 2.3.19. Some
attributes (directoryString) contains encoded data Asian data (e.g.
Big5, GB, Shift-JIS, etc.) which can't be imported to 2.3.19 using
slapadd. I've to convert them into UTF-8 in order to import these data
into 2.3.19. I'd like to know if there is any workaround to import
different Asian data without converting to UTF-8, or if there is any
better alternate solution available.
Would anyone please help?
Thanks a lot.
ST Wong (email@example.com)