Re: openldap-2.3.19 fails test020-proxycache

Hello Luca, thanks for the reply.
Actually, something really strange is happening: I tried to re-run the test020, and I saw in files tests/testrun/slapd.*.log that slapd wasn't compiled with the debugging turned on: it was completely normal, since I passed to the configure the --disable-debug option. So, to see what errors are given when running test020, I turned the debugging on, recompiling openldap with the --enable-debug option, and leaving all the other options untouched... I ran the test020 for the n-th time and I saw that the test had successfully passed!!!

In sum: compiling openldap with --disable-debug gets test020 to fail... compiling openldap with --enable-debug gets all the tests (included test020) to pass....

What's happening? I think that enabling or disabling the debug shouldn't affect the tests and the program behaviour in any way...

If someone has any idea, please, let me know.
Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Filippo

Luca Scamoni wrote:

I would start from tests/testrun/slapd.*.log...

Filippo Mesirca wrote:

Hello,
I've got a slackware-10.2 updated to slackware-current (gcc libraries version 3.4.5).
I compiled openldap-2.3.19 package passing the following options to ./configure

export CFLAGS="-O2 -march=$arch -mtune=$cpu"
export CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=$arch -mtune=$cpu"
./configure \
  --prefix=/usr \
  --sysconfdir=/etc \
  --localstatedir=/var \
  --disable-debug \
  --enable-dynamic \
  --enable-syslog \
  --enable-ipv6 \
  --enable-slapd \
  --enable-cleartext \
  --enable-crypt \
  --enable-modules \
  --enable-rlookups \
  --enable-wrappers \
  --enable-bdb \
  --enable-dnssrv \
  --enable-hdb \
  --enable-ldap \
  --enable-ldbm \
  --enable-meta \
  --enable-monitor \
  --enable-null \
  --enable-passwd \
  --enable-perl \
  --enable-relay \
  --enable-overlays \
  --enable-slurpd \
  --with-threads \
  --with-tls \
  --enable-dyngroup \
  --enable-dynlist \
  --enable-ppolicy \
  --enable-valsort \
  --program-prefix="" \
  --program-suffix=""

I issued a "make depend" and a "make -j2"... the package compiled cleanly, without problems. To see if the build was correct, I issued a "make test": it blocks in making test020-proxycache..... I ran manually all the other following tests: the only test that failed is the 20th... Here is the output:

root@macinino:~/packages/source/openldap/openldap-2.3.19/tests# ./run test020
Cleaning up test run directory leftover from previous run.
Running ./scripts/test020-proxycache...
Starting master slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
Using ldapsearch to check that master slapd is running...
Using ldapadd to populate the master directory...
Starting proxy cache on TCP/IP port 9012...
Using ldapsearch to check that proxy slapd is running...
Making queries on the proxy cache...
Query 1: filter:(sn=Jon) attrs:all
Query 2: filter:(|(cn=*Jon*)(sn=Jon*)) attrs:cn sn title uid
Query 3: filter:(sn=Smith*) attrs: cn sn uid
Query 4: filter:(sn=Doe*) attrs: cn sn title uid
Query5: filter:(uid=bjorn) attrs: mail postaladdress telephonenumber cn uid
Query6: filter:(mail=*@mail.alumni.example.com) cn sn title uid
Query 7: filter: (mail=*) cn sn title uid
Error in verifying cacheability

Has anyone any idea of what's happening? I have no idea to where to start searching for the problem...

Filippo

Ing. Luca Scamoni

Responsabile Ricerca e Sviluppo

SysNet s.n.c.