Re: hdb/accesslog and checkpoint

--On Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:33 AM -0500 Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

I have never used the hdb backend before, but the example I used to set
up the accesslog overlay for delta-syncrepl used it, so I set it up.
However, I added the checkpoint control in the database configuration of
the slapd.conf file.  I now see that I have 15 log files in the
cn=accesslog database and db_archive -a tells me that there are none that
can be removed.

Does the accesslog overlay deal with the log files automatically and
clean them up (I don't have seven days worth of testing yet) or is this a
problem with back_hdb not doing checkpoints (I remember that back_bdb had
an ITS filed against it for checkpoints not working a year or so ago)

Mine is checkpointing just fine:

ldap0:/var/log/bdb/accesslog> ls -l
total 17056
-rw------- 1 root root 10485140 Feb  7 09:07 log.0000000088