Re: import to openldap

Kurt: i tried this """ldapadd -f file.ldif -x""" and now it says
Password:
adding new entry "blah blah.."
ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
        additional info: no global superior knowledge

then i tried """ldapadd -f file.ldif -x -w my_pass""" and now it says
Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

i checked in faqomatic and thats supposed to happen when the pass is
wrong (its not) or when DN specified is not known to the server. atm i
dont have a clue as to how to proceed..

Sajag: the only slapd.conf file i have is located in /usr/local/etc/openldap/
am i supposed to have one elsewhere?

regards,
Tomas