Re: how to build only the client libraries

--On Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:02 PM +0000 shan kajendran <SKAJENDR@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

Hi There,

I am in the process of upgrading OpenLDAP client libraries to 2.3.17. I
have configured with  --disable-slapd --disable-slurpd option.

When i run make command I am getting some liblber.la and libldap.la files,
but in the old version of OpenLDAP we were using liblber.a and  libldap.a.

So my questions are what is this .la stands for ?  and why I couldn't
build with our client application? When we build our client application
it is not recognising
 liblber.la and  libldap.la as  valid library files.

".la" are files that contain linking information for the libraries.

".a" is a static library
".so" is a shared object library

Did you look in the .libs directory in your build tree to see if the libraries were built?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer