RE: [ldap] Implementation Suggestions

--On Friday, January 20, 2006 8:14 PM +0000 "Spicer, Kevin" <KevinS@bmrb.co.uk> wrote:

You have enough memory for 1.25 Gb of bdb cache?  You don't post your
machine spec so its difficult to say if that is sane, but make sure its
not using lots of swap.  I note that your bdb logs are on the same disk
as your swap (and your syslogs presumably), so if you are swapping (or
anything is logging heavily) that will have an impact on bdb writes.

Hm, interesting...

My database is on the same drive as my swap, in my case. All of my logs (bdb, syslog) are together on a separate drive. Other than the fact that logging always slows things down on Solaris 8/9 (the "-" option in Linux largely negates this for that platform), I've not seen this be too negative an impact. My Linux systems have everything on a single mirrored disk at the moment (and are screaming fast comparatively).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer