RE: [ldap] Implementation Suggestions

I'm no expert, but I do run on Solaris (9), a couple of things I can
think of...

It may be worth adding the noatime flag to the filesystems that hold
data and (bdb) logs.  You are indexing a lot of attributes, do you need
that many (are they based on what queries you are actually getting or
those you expect you might get?) - indexes speed up searches but slow
down writes so if you're experiencing performance problems during writes
it can be worth checking if you really need all the indexes.  Do you
need the same indexes on all slaves, do they all see similar traffic?

You have enough memory for 1.25 Gb of bdb cache?  You don't post your
machine spec so its difficult to say if that is sane, but make sure its
not using lots of swap.  I note that your bdb logs are on the same disk
as your swap (and your syslogs presumably), so if you are swapping (or
anything is logging heavily) that will have an impact on bdb writes.

BMRB wins two BMRA awards - http://www.bmrb.co.uk
reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB Limited accepts no liability
in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which
does not directly relate to our business.