Re: SLAPD accepts connection, then hangs

--On Friday, January 20, 2006 1:05 PM +1100 Dave Horsfall <daveh@ci.com.au> wrote:

OpenLDAP 2.2.26, FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE.

Yeah, I know it's old, but I'm hoping for an answer along the lines of
"Yeah, we fixed that in 2.2.X".  I can't find anything like it in CHANGES
in 2.2.30, nor in the ITS.  Going to 2.3.X is not yet an option (unless
of  course that's where the fix is).

The symptom is that SLAPD accepts a connection, then nothing further
happens.  This happens around once a month, making it difficult to nail.
Because the connection has been accepted, the client does not bother
trying the backup server.

It is possible it is related to:

ITS#4338

which wasn't fully fixed until:

2.3.18

There were a number of symptoms other than that listed in the ITS.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer