Re: API: Getting paged results

While you can certainly implement the paging in your program
through use of the LDAP C API, see ldapsearch(1) for an
example implementation, note that any decent server, including
slapd(8), would prevent a client from paging around
administrative limits intended to restrict the number of
entries a client is able to obtain in response to a search
request.

(Of course, some servers force clients to use paging to
obtain all the entries the clients are authorized to
read, I consider such servers to be broken as they
require clients to implement what should be a truly
optional extension to LDAPv3.  But I digress.)