[Date Prev][Date Next]
OpenLDAP strong password enforcement
- To: <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: OpenLDAP strong password enforcement
- From: "Henderson, Ron" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:33:43 -0600
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcYAus5HgjBUneu4SRCeK+GIT9jJcwAAHWUw
- Thread-topic: OpenLDAP strong password enforcement
Good morning all,
I am new to the list, and I am new to openldap. I am trying to use openldap as an user management tool to provide authentication to a distributed application. There are some here that really are pushing to use MS Active Directory, something I would like to avoid, however I need to enforce strong passwords. Is there any way to make openldap support the following password rules?
Restricted word list,
Password composition rules (Upper, lower, digits, special, etc)
Password change polices
Account locked out.
Failed login limit
Min password length
Max password length
Min Number char different from last
Again I am sorry if my questions have been answered 100 times before. I tried to use the FAQ-A-Matic and did not find anything, and I am under a time crunch to get answers. Can any of you help me out?