Re: ldaps and Active Directory

From: Shuh Chang <schang@axalto.com>
To: Grant Sturgis <gesturgis@hotmail.com>,OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: ldaps and Active Directory
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:24:01 -0600

Hi Grant,

Did you change your LDAP port from 389 (clear text connection) to 636 (SSL
connection)?

Shouldn't this happen automatically based on the ldaps in the URI?

How else would I change this?

Shuh

Thanks Shuh!

Grant
------------

----- Original Message ----- From: "Grant Sturgis" <gesturgis@hotmail.com> To: <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org> Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:26 PM Subject: ldaps and Active Directory

Greetings List,

I am attempting to get ldap authentication to Active Directory working from our RHEL 4 systems. I have read the several articles and howto documents out there and am very close to getting everything working.

pam_ldap and nss_ldap is working well with unencrypted ldap, as is ldapsearch queries. The next step is getting ldaps to work, and I am hoping for some suggestions from the list to get me over the hump.

RHEL ES 4 fully patched (up2date)
W2K SP4

This works fine:

ldapsearch -x -H ldap://server.domain.com/ -D cn=ldap,ou=Users-OU,dc=domain,dc=com -W ""

but changing ldap to ldaps results in this error:

ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
additional info: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

I have installed Certificate Services on the W2K domain controller and exported the CA Cert and copied the file to the linux box:/etc/openldap/cacerts. In /etc/openldap/ldap.conf I have tried:

TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts
TLS_CACERT /etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.pem

Grant