[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: master ldap database is not getting populated
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: master ldap database is not getting populated
- From: Moe <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:29:24 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=hy/+Jm1z/VY3VzW6svgjUlqMVn6cwgb5ytgjbYx3SoIKlQEZ/khq8jFae7zkIHNzdsvxs2Ra8mzkatmXZV2vo/pNHx3O50w+zEYgjbiKryrWh992wYVJWB1TU766S35ARPJH5WuAt7m5w2+jHj9NR6PFzt2Zvjjh4q01tvdJrKQ= ;
- In-reply-to: <39BDDFFC82E2167E995C0A82@cadabra-sw.stanford.edu>
Both master and slave are using openldap-2.2.28.
Both are also using Berkekely db (db-4.3.28.NC). the only difference is that the master ldap/database backened packages are compiled on itanium platform. The slave ldap is running on an x-86 platform. I don't know if that's the reason why trying to bring up slapd on master after copying the database files to from slave to master failed.
under openldap-data there are these files.
__db.001 __db.004 id2entry.bdb
__db.002 __db.005 log.0000000001
__db.003 dn2id.bdb objectClass.bdb
can anyone please tell me where are the ldap entries stored?. what does __db files and log files used for?
The way i tried to do a restore from slave to master is by copying all the above files
to the openldap-data of the master.
Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
--On Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:38 AM -0800 Moe
> My master database has currently 60 missing entries. I tried to restore
> the database from the slave database but its didn't work cause Berkeley
> Db is different version. How can i track the different entries and
> maybe manually add them to the master database?. Im trying to find a
> quick easy way to restore my missing entries. Im not sure if i can use
> slave database to export the missing entries to an ldiff file and then
> use the ldiff file to populate the master database. I also don't know
> how to find what entries are missing in the master ldap.
Do a slapcat and a diff of both of them, maybe.
What version is the master running? what database backend?
Principal Software Developer
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html
Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping