[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: DB_PRIVATE Error OpenLDAP 2.3.13 (source) and DB4 4.2.52 (rpm)

Hi Howard, and Perry

I was able to compile it successfully and run the tests.  I don't know
with absolute certainty if was because I deleted my source directory and
started over from scratch OR simply used LDFLAGS=-L/lib ./configure.

Will the next version of ldap automatically detect whether you are
using pthreads or not?

Thanks for your time and help,

Perry Nguyen wrote:

I think the likely reason is the one you pointed me to on IRC a couple weeks back, need to apply a patch to libtool; unless 2.3.13 has addressed this issue?


The quick test is to do ldd slapd to determine if libdb4 was linked static or dynamic.

Howard Chu wrote:
This error usually means you've linked OpenLDAP to the wrong BerkeleyDB library. In particular, the BDB library you linked with is using pthreads mutexes but your system's pthreads library doesn't support interprocess mutexes.

The diffs referenced in those other emails have absolutely nothing to do with this problem.

Matias Silva wrote:

I everyone, I'm very new to openldap, and of course I'm having problems installing

How do I install openldap so that I don't get the DB_PRIVATE
error message when running `make test`?

When I check the log from slapd.1.log I see the following

backend_startup_one: starting "cn=config"
backend_startup_one: starting "o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet"
bdb_db_open: o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet
bdb_db_open: Warning - No DB_CONFIG file found in directory ./testrun/db.1.a: (2)
Expect poor performance for suffix o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet.
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(./testrun/db.1.a)
bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): Berkeley DB library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments
bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): Berkeley DB library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: Invalid argument (22)
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (22)

I have searched hi and low and found something in the maillist archives here

and I tried to follow Howard Chu's diff file but it seems his file that he was referencing
has changed from the current version, so its hard to make the necessary changes.

I have CentOS 4.2 installed with db4-4.2.52-7.1.rpm along with the devel, utils installed. I'm compiling
Openldap 2.3.13 and I don't see any linking problems, at least not that I can see.

If this more of a BerkeleyDB issue then let me know. But I do see some evidence that its an openldap
issue as well.

Thanks for you time,