Re: Meta backend finds results but also returns '32 No such object'

> Hi everyone,
>
> While trying to make the meta backend talk to a backend LDAP server, I
> get the following curious result:
>
> $ ldapsearch -h localhost -D "xxx" -b "dc=example,dc=com" -x -W
> "(sn=boven)"
>
> dn: uid=bovep,ou=Contractor,dc=example,dc=com
> givenName: Paul
> objectClass: top
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object
> # numResponses: 2
> # numEntries: 1
>
> The LDAP proxy properly returns the requested record, but also returns a
> 'no such object'. If I query the LDAP server in question directly, I get
> the same data returned, but with a result code of 0 (success). I wonder
> if anyone can help me understand why the proxy is returning an error
> message? I've looked at the traffic between proxy (OpenLDAP) and backend
> LDAP server (SunOne) and it is properly proxying that one ldap-search,
> without doing any other requests.
>
> Version information: OpenLDAP 2.2.13-4 (current RH4 AS package).
> Backend LDAP server is a SunOne 5.2 Directory server.

This has been fixed ages ago in OL 2.3 (not sure about 2.2); I cannot find
the related ITS (if any) but in any case I suggest you upgrade: back-meta
(and back-ldap) in 2.2.13, and in general in 2.2 is not even comparable to
those in 2.3 in terms of functionality, performances and resilience;
libldap itself, in its reentrant variant that is used in the proxy
backends, is totally unparalleled.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati