Re: big replog's problem

Where do you have your replog-file directive pointing the in master's slapd.conf?

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago.  The answer that helped me:

Hi Kieran,

Have you set the slapd replog file and the slurpd replog file to the same location? This will cause serious problems, as they are designed to be located in different spots. The "replogfile" directive tells slapd where to write its replication output. The "-t" option to slurpd tells it where to create its own location for tracking replication pieces, and cannot be the same location as the "replogfile" directive to slapd.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer

Yingbo Qiu wrote:

My openldap slave shutdown for some reason and the replog grows to
400MB. When I found it the slurpd have crashed too. I try restart the
salve and run slurpd to resume the replication. But the slurpd crash
soon and report "malloc of 14 bytes failed". Then I run 'top' to
monitor the slurpd process. It will allocate about 500MBs that reach
the FreeBSD's 512MB hard limit.

I found it crash at about 700,000 line of the replog file. But the
whole file contains 20,000,000 lines.

Is there anyone know howto resolve the problem??