RE: LDAP proxy with features

> The only configuration file I ended up changing was slapd.conf. After I
> changed "map attribute" to read "rwm-map attribute" I was able to run
> slaptest with no errors

but does it work?   I don't think slapd-ldap(5) recognizes "map" any
longer.  mapping support has been moved to slapo-rwm(5) in OpenLDAP 2.3.

> whether I was pointing at a backend server via
> ldap or ldaps.

mapping and ldaps should be orthogonal.  ldaps used by a client requires
appropriate client configuration of TLS, but I don't think slaptest(8) is
going to complain if this configuration is missing or not appropriate.  I
suggest you check if and how slapd refuses to start and increase log level
in order to determine the reason of failure.

Pierangelo Masarati

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution

SysNet s.n.c.