question regarding ldap_unbind.

Hi Folks,

I am using OpenLDAP 2.2.20 and I am running into issues with ldap_unbind and
freeing up memory when ldap_simple_bind( ) fails. I searched the internet
but no luck, so mailing you folks for some help.

Question is :
1. If an ldap_simple_bind( ) fails, do we do ldap_unbind ?
2. If yes then is there a known issue in OpenLDAP 2.2.20 because  when I
call ldap_unbind ( ), my process gets stuck and the cpu utilization shoots
upto 99%.
2. If not then how do we free the memory allocated by ldap_init ( )?

Any Help is appreciated.
Thanks,
- Ulka