[Date Prev][Date Next]
Slow adding attributes to a entry with many attributes
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Slow adding attributes to a entry with many attributes
- From: Ariel Malves <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:30:41 -0200
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=B0HdsgDGymC0rncsC/YO7P/hDsiXar5nVbJjI2W6eph02bAic6kclWTsWreQGUdxOqRbmCElKAS4bPPljKnO6q6v5k/qC1b1LebBzeS/trQogactpBVSTqjxFmW8kiJgeHKYgYasRvUKhDVI6d9WggSDarsVeZU/zn/MGCH5f3I=
In the past 4 days I have had problems with OpenLdap, running a Samba
My PDC has about 3000 users, migrated from a Netware 5 with
eDirectory. Each user is in a primary and a secondary group too
(Students and Domain Users groups). I could see a very fast increasing
of log size (log.000000*) when adding users to secondary groups. For
each new memberUID attribute added to the group, the log grows about 7
mb! The time for this operation is very bad too, about 3 seconds.
Searching in archive of this list I found a message from other user
with same problem (
and the recommendation was to upgrade the version of OpenLdap to 2.2.*
and BDB to 4.2.52, but I already have those versions in my Debian
Well, my question is: Is this normal?
I have tried changing the backend from bdb to hdb with slapcat &
slapadd, but nothing changed.
The only little performance improvement was when I create a DB_CONFIG
with the following attributes:
set_cachesize 0 300000000 10
I tried another simulation in a clean ldap installation, creating a
unique person (inetOrgPerson) and adding many (2000+) mail addresses
to it and the results was similar: an intensive I/O on logs and the
operation of adding new attributes slowing down each time.
I have thought about a workaround: don't put these students in a
secondary group, but manage rights access to files would become
difficult a bit.
Please, if anyone has an idea, tell me.
Thanks to all, and sorry my poor English.