Re: How to set password.

--On Sunday, November 27, 2005 3:58 PM +0530 sadique@vanillanetworks.com wrote:

Hello

I know what I am asking is a basic question.

For replication with slurpd I have to add a directives

binddn="cn=Replicator,dc=example,dc=com"

bindmethod=simple credentials=secret

I have given write access for the binddn in slave slapd and it has been
set as the updatedn but I am not sure how I can set a password for that
dn. Can any body help me? I have set up password for rootdn using
slappasswd and set up that in slapd.conf as rootpw but I am not sure
what directive to use for other dns.

You need to create an entry for "cn=replicator,dc=example,dc=com" in your database that has a userpassword value of "secret".

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer