[Date Prev][Date Next]
replication problems / slurpd
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: replication problems / slurpd
- From: Moe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:31:06 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=5FSLmlLJXUIlGNhIVrjyuQ0xuqtT3j6B5HqHyvoNfSl41zfsz01oybQf1qV2AdqFWndlEXMycq14Wi4eACUYj1T3rC1YVhPRtwU8KI3QWMFTnM4O0prvf4bY+4Umqb0Kl3zd67dJZIZLwhk79ZMovM5izn2d5L6Bhq2qC9PxT6Y= ;
- In-reply-to: <Pine.SOL.email@example.com>
Im having a problem in my replication.
I have 3 servers, one has ldap master and the other two are ldap slaves. The master ldap uses slurpd to replicate to the two slaves.
The two slave boxes are almost exactly the same (hardware, same ldap version), except that one of them is in a remote location while the master and first slave ldap are in the same location.
my system has beed fine for the past 4 months. recently i noticed that the remote ldap slave has like 17 missing entries that were not replicated. The hostname.rej log does not show me why the entries were rejected. All i see is lot of entries saying:
Type or value exists: modify/add: vipFuncarea: value #0 already exists.
im struggling to find out why this happened. My understanding is that if replication fails slurpd retry to send the replication but that's didn't happen.
I have lots of entries in my database and im finding it hard to track the issue , the first ldap slave has the same entries as the master , no porblems at all
Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.