Re: Replication works, but logfile is not written to

--On Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:21 PM +0100 Gernot Poerner <gernot.poerner@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I have a small issue with replication that puzzles me. I found nothing
about my problem elsewhere, so I'd like to ask the list:

I configured a master and a slave (for use with samba, you probably
guessed it :-) . I got replication working as in the documentation (at
the moment I'm using the Manager account
for it). As the subject says - the replication is working fine but
nothing is written to the
replogfile[.lock] on the master. They are touched, but not written to.
Both files are owned by ldap:ldap and have 644 permissions, located
under /var/lib/ldap. They where auto-created on
the first change I made to an ldap entry.

The system is a Suse SLES9 with SP2, openldap Version is 2.2.24
Maybe someone has an idea where I should look or which option I forgot...

I assume you are using slurpd. If so, you need to make sure that the replog used by slapd is in a completely different location or has a different name, than the replog used by slurpd. Otherwise you'll have issues.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html