Re: "threads" directive OpenLDAP 2.0.* & 2.1.*

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

low. The default in OpenLDAP 2.2 and 2.3 is 16, I don't recall offhand the
default in 2.1. I generally don't advise going above 16 threads, and
recent testing in the Symas benchmarking labs seems to indicate that a
lower setting is actually better, as it reduces contention in the backend
database.

Really? I've found that the default of 16 threads is inadequate in a large environment -- at least when using a ldap proxy in front, the load is inversely proportional. Are the benchmarking results public?

Robert