Re: International searches

At 07:53 AM 11/2/2005, Pablo Hoffman wrote:
>An equality match (like caseIgnoreNonAsciiMatch) would be better,
>but those aren't supported by slapd, AFAIK.

Well, aside from much a matching rule not be defined in
the standards, the standards call for various well-defined
rules to be used for equality matching in standardized
attribute types such as common name (CN).  I do not
think it would be better to diverge from the standards.

I suggest you investigate whether the clients you are
using support filter configuration, allowing you to
specify use of approximate matching.  See their
documentation for details, use their lists for discussion.