Re: Syncrepl stops replicating

--On Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:56 AM +0100 Oscar Forero <oforero@novell.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately I was a couple of days away from
office, I had this problem with 2.3.6 and also with 2.2.24; with do you
mean with the number of threads? what is the recommended value?

I have not done this installation but I am helping to troubleshoot it.
Because of that I was asking if there is any other way to look under the
hood besides the logs, replication just seem to stops but no really
useful error message appear in the logs.

regards,

Hi,

Please keep replies to the list.

Firt, I would upgrade to OpenLDAP 2.3.11, the only 2.3 release to have the "stable" tag. Syncrepl in 2.2 is known to have issues.

As for the threads setting, it is something you need to carefully investigate tweaking in a test environment to see what effect it has for your setup. It is a very environment-dependant thing.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html