Re: BDB database not synced to file

Aaron and Buchan thank you both for your quick response, and
please accept my apologize for late answer. I have so much
work that I've simply unable to answer before (ok. maybe not
exactly unable :)

ad Aaron's mail
I've upgraded my debian server and now slapd is of version 2.2.23
and it seems to work just fine. To put some shame of me I have to
say that putting the question on this list was my last resort
since I have googled for days, read the manuals and I even put
the option "checkpoint 1 10" into my slapd.conf, but it didn't help.

After I while I forgot that I should upgrade slapd, and I began to
think I'm doing something terribly wrong, so I had to ask. To avoid
any confusion I said "There is no bdb options in slapd.conf". So
I lied a bit, but in good will.

ad Buchan's mail
There is automatic recovery of the slapd database in debian
start up script but not for the version of slapd I've had installed.
Now it is working OK.

Again, thank you very much to both of you.

Best regards,
   Damir Koscic

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Richton" <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu>