Re: dbenv_open failed

--On Friday, September 16, 2005 7:40 PM -0300 TL <tinchole@satlink.com> wrote:

Using debian sarge Changed my /etc/ldap/default/slapd to
SLAPD_USER="slapd" SLAPD_GROUP="slapd" chown -R slapd.slapd /etc/ldap
/var/lib/slapd /var/lib/ldap /var/run/slapd and im still getting in my
syslog the err msg: bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(/var/lib/ldap) bdb_db_open:
dbenv_open failed: Permission denied (13) bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed!
(13) as root, runs without a problem. What am i missing?

Your permissions are obviously incorrect somewhere if it runs okay as root, but not as slapd/slapd. I suggest checking file & directory ownership of /var/lib/ldap.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer