Kerberos, GSSAPI Miscellaneous failure

Trying to get openldap working with MIT Kerberos authentication but keep getting the following error when connecting:

SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
        additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (Resource temporarily unavailable)

I have created and set proper permissions on the ldap.keytab so that slapd can see it

I see the following in slapd.conf:
Sep 16 20:05:52 socrates slapd[6365]: SASL [conn=9] Failure: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (Resource temporarily unavailable)
Sep 16 20:05:52 socrates slapd[6365]: send_ldap_result: conn=9 op=1 p=3
Sep 16 20:05:52 socrates slapd[6365]: send_ldap_result: err=80 matched="" text="SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (Resource temporarily unavailable)"

I am authenicated via kerberos and have a ticket.

klist:
Default principal: dummyuser@HOST.EXAMPLE.EDU

09/16/05 18:57:51  09/17/05 18:57:51  krbtgt/HOST.EXAMPLE.EDU@HOST.EXAMPLE.EDU
09/16/05 18:57:59  09/17/05 18:57:51  ldap/ldap.host.example.edu@HOST.EXAMPLE.EDU

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached

I'm running Fedora Core 4 with the standard and most recent RPMs for openldap and kerberos. I haven't had any luck figuring this out, hoping someone can offer some advice on this error.

Thanks