Problems with slapadd

Hi,

I am having problems with slapadd process.
I am using the following command line after shutting down the slapd
process:

/opt/openldap/sbin/slapadd -c -f /opt/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf
-l /extra/backup/slapcat-backupfile.ldif -d 5

The output is as follows:
:
:
:

<<< dnNormalize: <cn=dcdadmin,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us>
>>> dnPretty: <cn=dcdadmin,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us>
<<< dnPretty: <cn=dcdadmin,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us>
>>> dnNormalize: <cn=dcdadmin,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us>
<<< dnNormalize: <cn=dcdadmin,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us>
<=
str2entry(cn=s4,ou=GenericDevices,ou=CNSDevices,ou=configengine,o=cisco,
c=us) -> 0x81a7120
oc_check_required entry
(cn=s4,ou=GenericDevices,ou=CNSDevices,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us),
objectClass "IOSConfigClass"
oc_check_allowed type "objectClass"
oc_check_allowed type "AdminDevType"
oc_check_allowed type "IOSConfigID"
oc_check_allowed type "IOSEventID"
oc_check_allowed type "cn"
oc_check_allowed type "structuralObjectClass"
oc_check_allowed type "entryUUID"
oc_check_allowed type "creatorsName"
oc_check_allowed type "createTimestamp"
oc_check_allowed type "parent"
oc_check_allowed type "IOSconfigtemplate"
oc_check_allowed type "entryCSN"
oc_check_allowed type "modifiersName"
oc_check_allowed type "modifyTimestamp"
=> bdb_tool_entry_put( -1,
"cn=s4,ou=GenericDevices,ou=CNSDevices,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us" )
=> bdb_dn2id(
"cn=s4,ou=genericdevices,ou=cnsdevices,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us" )
<= bdb_dn2id: got id=0x0000004c
=> entry_encode(0x0000004c):
cn=s4,ou=GenericDevices,ou=CNSDevices,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us
=> bdb_tool_entry_put: id2entry_add failed: DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair
already exists (-30996)
=> bdb_tool_entry_put: txn_aborted! DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already
exists (-30996)
slapadd: could not add entry
dn="cn=s4,ou=GenericDevices,ou=CNSDevices,ou=configengine,o=cisco,c=us"
(line=1163): txn_aborted! DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists
(-30996)
slapadd shutdown: initiated

Its adding all the data & skipping already existing enteries. However
after slapadd shutdown: initiated is initiated nothing happens further.
It simply hangs. The only way I can get out of this is by killing the
slapadd process from another window.

BDB: 4.3.28
Openldap : 2.2.26

Any idea what is going wrong & what needs to be done ?

Warm Regards,
Rohit