Re: how to keep master and slave in sync always

slurpd on the master will bring your slave up to date.
/usr/local/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.status will show you what
slaves are synchronized.

agree with Quanah, if this is not working for you.. then there is a
problem with your build.  This has been working for aslong as I have
been working with openldap.. so if the version is > 2.0 it should work.

its a good idea to have a replica sitting on different ports on your
master.. you can use this as a comparison for your other slaves. (and
also have an up to date copy of the data on your master server incase
one of the db's gets corrupted)

Jonathan Higgins
IT R&D Project Manager
Kennesaw State University
jhiggins@kennesaw.edu

>>> Raj Kumar <chicagoboy12001@yahoo.com> 08/29 1:52 PM >>>

Hello,

I have a master and slave LDAP server setup. The setup
is working as expected... changes on the master are
reflected on slave server immediately. If the slave
server was shutdown and a change in master LDAP was
made that time, those changes wont get pushed to
slave. How to keep both master and slave in sync. I
would like the slave to get in sync with master when
it is restarted; if any changes were made on master
while it is down. Do I need to use syncrepl?  Can I
use both syncrepl and slurpd? Please advice!

Thanks,
Raj