Re: substring index oddity

>> I'm trying to stick with the .deb's for ease of maintenance, so I'll have
>> to work around this another way.
>
> If you like, I can give you a list of reasons as to why this is a poor
> decision. :)
>
> But only if you ask. :P

It can only hurt a little, right?

My reasons for not wanting to deal with custom compiles:

- If I'm compiling from source, heck, why not compile libdb from source too?  And
why not throw in the custom patches while we're at it?
- I've got 2.0.x installs (ldbm at that) running still now because they can't be
taken down for upgrades.  Going from 2.0 to 2.1 or 2.2 is risky, yet updates and
such (security, grave bugs) aren't maintained for 2.0.  The vendor handles that
for me.  ...I trust Debian.

John

--
John Madden