[Date Prev][Date Next]
openldap 2.2.17 and following references
- To: OpenLDAP Software List <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: openldap 2.2.17 and following references
- From: Jeremiah Martell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:36:01 -0400
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=KpmVvw+pgS4imT6ndUrFae5BaJqkqUhtuUr2p8IcAXzgHWANE3a13lyq+D8DohX/JjvHJSdQ12l69v/G9V5CQB1zQWzsxETPxVN4fn+G1GpyGZpCAcJni12k9ocbi89txofw/OWYvBgCxlQyovHca4JqMakFEcEr69KlHk29IhA=
I'm using openldap 2.2.17. I can do a simple search that usually
returns only 4 results in a matter of seconds. However, sometimes it
takes a couple minutes.
An ethereal trace shows the first initial DNS lookup, then bind, then
search, and 4 search results are returned immediately. After a minute
or two of no network traffic, openldap does some DNS lookups, and then
connects to the same server 3-4 times, and attempts to search using
the same filter again. I'm assuming it's attempting to follow
references (based upon what I know of the server and the DNS lookups).
But why the 1-2 minute lag?
Is this a known issue that has been fixed in an updated version?