Re: Plugin configuration problem

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 08:21 +0200, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Don't take it 100% sure because I haven't checked yet, but I fear slapi
> is broken in 2.3.4; in 2.3.5 likely its new implementation will be
> released, where the entire slapi framework actually has become an
> overlay (that will be automatically instantiated the first time a plugin
> is loaded).  If you feel like, I suggest you check HEAD code.  I don't
> guarantee everything to work like a charm, because development is right
> underway, but most of it should be done, and you could provide valuable
> feedback.

Hi Pierangelo,

slapi is indeed broken in 2.3.4.

I just compiled OpenLDAP 2.2.26 and tried my p-synch plugins for
password change. It worked as expected. The first plugin performs a
password strength check via the p-synch server while the second plugin
synch performs the password propagation to the other directories via the
p-synch server.

The only thing that is bothering me is that once the first plugin is
loaded (I have two types: peoperation and postoperation) slapd stop
logging. Here is the last lines I have in my ldap logs:

Aug  5 10:45:34 localhost slapd[31343]: >>> dnNormalize:
<uid=stran,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com>
Aug  5 10:45:34 localhost slapd[31343]: <<< dnNormalize:
<uid=stran,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com>
Aug  5 10:45:34 localhost slapd[31343]: line 277 (sasl-regexp
uid=(.*),cn=DIGEST-MD5,cn=auth uid=$1,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com)
Aug  5 10:45:34 localhost slapd[31343]: line 282 (plugin preoperation
"/usr/local/psunix/passwdop/passwdop.openldap.linux.x86" prepasswd_init
"-cfgfile /etc/psynch.conf")

Is it a problem with the plugins or with OpenLDAP?

I will definitely try the HEAD code. Hopefully 2.3.5 will be released
soon. I would like to build my new LDAP platform with the 2.3.x serie.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

--
Samuel Tran <stran@amnh.org>
Systems Administration - Information Technology