Re: installing openldap

At 09:50 AM 7/24/2005, v.sudha rani wrote:
>   I have installed openldap-2.2.26 in fedora core 1 as specified in
>www.openldap.org. But when i give rpm -q openldap it is still showing
>openldap-2.1.22-8.. Does it mean that openldap is not properly

The installation of OpenLDAP Software as specified in our
distribution and the OpenLDAP Admin Guide does not touch
platform packaging systems, such as rpm.  And, assuming
it is installed under a separate prefix, will not
(normally) effect software installed elsewhere (or
by default on the platform).

>can the problem be solved if i install it using .rpm

It is generally not a problem to have multiple versions
of OpenLDAP Software installed on a system.  Anyways,
any RPM specific problem should be taken to a list
supporting those RPMs.