Invalid Credentials error for a Bind DN with spl. character

Hi,

I have a requirement to deploy openLDAP server with the suffix of "O =
Company, Inc.,C=US".  I was able to configure slapd.conf and start it
with the following suffix and rootDN and start openLDAP fine

suffix  "O=Company\2C Inc., C=US"
rootdn  "cn=Manager,O=Company\2C Inc.,C=US"

Next step is to populate the directory with the ldif file.  The issue
is, I can't bind with the rootDN (I can do a anonymous ldapsearch).  I
tried using the DN in different ways but it fails with invalid
credential error.

1) "cn=Manager,O=Company\2C Inc.,C=US"
2) "cn=Manager,O=Company\, Inc.,C=US"

Using "cn=Manager,O=Company, Inc.,C=US" fails with Invalid DN error.

Thanks in advance for your help.