Re: handling multiply named attributes in PHP and PERL

> I can see your point.  However, since the problem is OpenLDAP's
> insistence upon returning the canonical name, I thought it was more

In terms of OpenLDAP Software, back-meta, slapo-rwm, and back-relay all
might provide functionality that you may find useful in this situation.
You might want to look into those. Of course, making your server
"workaround" with possible RFC violation is something that should not be
taken lightly.