[Date Prev][Date Next]
matthew sporleder wrote:
Do you have the database on the "slave", or are you just following referrals?
On 6/24/05, Scott Mayo <email@example.com> wrote:
Still having problems with my replication server.
I have the Main_ldap server and the Slave_ldap server set up with
From the Slave_ldap server I can ldapsearch -x -b "dc=bhs,dc=net"
and I get a list of everything. Says I have 26 numResponses and 25
Now if I unplug the Slave_ldap server from the switch and do the same
thing. I get no information. The result says it is a success, and I
have 1 numResponse and nothing listed for entries.
Why does the Master_ldap server have to be up? Isn't that what the
Replica server is for? If the Main is down, shouldn't I still be able
to get my users info from the Slave?
I figured the above error out. I had a small typo. But now I guess
that the replication is not working. Here is what I have done.
I have my master and slave dlap servers going. I added my users to the
master and then shutdown the ldap servers on both. I then used the
slapcat and slap add to get my database over to the slave. I then
restarted my servers. From both the master and the slave, the
ldapsearch seems to work fine.
Next I added another user from the master. Once again I can use the
ldapsearch and everything looks fine from the master or the slave. Now
if I shutdown the master ldap server and do the ldapsearch from the
slave, it shows me all of the information except for the user that I
just added. So I presume that the replication did not work. I would
think that the user I added would still show up here if it did.
Pager: 800-264-2535 X2549
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.
- From: Scott Mayo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Re: ldapsearch
- From: matthew sporleder <email@example.com>