ldapsearch

Still having problems with my replication server.

I have the Main_ldap server and the Slave_ldap server set up with replication.

From the Slave_ldap server I can ldapsearch -x -b "dc=bhs,dc=net" "(objectclass=*)"

and I get a list of everything. Says I have 26 numResponses and 25 entries.

Now if I unplug the Slave_ldap server from the switch and do the same thing. I get no information. The result says it is a success, and I have 1 numResponse and nothing listed for entries.

Why does the Master_ldap server have to be up? Isn't that what the Replica server is for? If the Main is down, shouldn't I still be able to get my users info from the Slave?

Thanks.

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.